Family Connections Program = psychoeducation program that provides information/strategies and support to those with a loved one living with BPD
1. Helping your troubled teen (provides great strategies and information about understanding and responding to destructive behavior)
2. Parenting a child who has intense emotions (this book provides more concrete skills to work on de-escalation)
3. The power of validation (really useful read on language to use with those with those living with BPD and ways to validate in the presence of our own emotional distress)
4. The high conflict couple (really useful for relationship effectiveness, this book goes beyond couples and speaks to how to best untangle from conflict and reactivity)
● Fruzetti relationship skills. In this packet there is practice of mindfulness, understanding how to recognize our own emotions and its impact on others, as well as validation techniques.
● DBT skills videos (this Youtube channel out of Rutgers U provides short clips on DBT skills https://www.youtube.com/c/DBTRU
● Mindfulness readings/recommended authors (Jon Kabbat Zin, Thich Nhat Hahn, Pema Chodron, Tara Brach, Kristin Neff)